I recently asked all the members on the mailing list what they thought of the website, and how it could be improved.
(For those of you not on the mailing list it’s not too late to tell me what you think by taking the survey. You can also join the mailing list if you like.)
I’ve taken on board all the comments, and I’ve just made a whole load of improvements.
These are the changes I’ve just made:
- Completely re-written the site to speed it up, as it gets very slow when a lot of people are using it.
- Made it remember which dictionary you use.
- Added dictionaries and scoring for Lexulous and Words With Friends.
- Words are now in score order (highest first).
- Fixed the problem when blank tiles were included in the score.
- You can now click on a word to see the definition at wikitionary.org (note that it doesn’t have definitions for some of the more obscure words in the Scrabble dictionary though!)
- You can now enter up to 10 letters in your rack (to cope with Scrabble variants that allow more tiles).
- When you search for words attached to another word, it also lists ‘standalone’ words on the same screen.
- To reduce the clutter, only the best 15 words are now displayed (but you can click on ‘show more’ to see the full list).
I’ve still got loads of other changes I’d like to make, but they’re a lot harder, so may take a little longer!
I hope you like the improvements 🙂
5 Responses to Site Improvements